Saturday, November 01, 2008

Music Soundtrack

Continuing the fun lists. I saw this list elsewhere and it seemed fun and could be very unpredictable given what is sitting in our music library these days. So often when I visit music I am surprised by how important it is to me and how much I enjoy it. Sadly it occupies too little of my life (other than an occasional background soundtrack to work & driving).

 

---

If your life were a movie...

1. Open your music library
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. Press the "next" button only once for each question
(don't cheat!)

 

1. Opening Credits: O.A.R. - One Shot. "I am walking on Spanish Stairs" Good start.
2. Waking Up: Amerie - 1 Thing (from Hitch Soundtrack). Good idea, I may add this as a wake-up ringtone if I make the iPhone clock
3. First Day in High School: The Beach Boys - Surfin' Safari. Hmmm... I'm not that old.
4. Falling in love: Count Basie - Swingin' the Blues. Not even my CD*, but OK, I can see this. 
5. Party Song: Vivaldi, The Four Seasons - Summer: Allegro non molto. By the Canadian Brass. I guess that is my kind of party.
6. Fight Song: Ottmar Liebert - Alameda.
7. Breakup song: Bet E & Stef - II N'Aurait Fallu. This is fitting.
8. Prom: Bach - Partita for keyboard, No. 2 in A minor. No dice. Take 2: Macy Gray & Santana - Amoré
9. Life's OK: Ruben Romero - Turquoise Jungle
10. Mental Breakdown: Ottmar Liebert - Heart Still/Beating - 2 the night (live). Ottmar was bound to make a repeat appearance.
11. Driving: Paco de Lucía - Alma Llanera. Perhaps more "driving" a mule or horse across the plain.
12. Flashback: Boccherini - Concerto in D Major for Cello and Orchestra (performed by Yo-Yo Ma)
13. Getting Back Together: U2 - Red Hill Mining Town
14. Wedding: Natalie Imbruglia - Intuition. This doesn't get played ever these days, but an enjoyable flashback listen.
15. Birth of Child: James Horner - My Heart Will Go On (Titanic soundtrack)
16. Final Battle: Sarah McLachlan - Train Wreck
17. Death Scene: Norah Jones - In the Morning
18. Funeral Song: Hoobastank - Did You
19. Closing Credits: Mark O'Conner - Appalachia Waltz (performed by Yo-Yo Ma). I couldn't have picked it much better.

 

---

 

Well, there is a more rounded insight into my 7,382 item, 42GB music collection (though entire genres didn't get any airtime). I think I should put it on shuffle more often (and also throw more random things on my iPods), I forget some of the bits of music that are in there. Fun times. Try it out.

 

---

* It's funny that after almost 7 years of marriage some music is still "my CD" or "her CD." Still very much represented by a venn diagram of "hers," "his," and some overlap of "ours."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger