Thursday, May 19, 2005

Star Wars.

What fun at the Star Wars premiere. Since it was probably our last chance to go to a Star Wars premiere on opening night (12:01 am) I wanted to do it. Maryruth was a good sport and came. Ryan & Melissa have gone opening night to both Episodes I & II, so they were in and I don't think Heather ever sleeps so, she figured, "why not?"

Even if there were to put out another Star Wars in the next few years we probably couldn't do this again. As we were leaving the house I was thinking "I'd really be ok just watching a little TV and going to bed." We're really too old for this sort of thing. Back in the day, 3:00am was nothing. We aren't as young as we used to be... (Maryruth could have told him that before we bought the tickets!)

We arrived early in order to secure good seats (tickets had been secured previously). We didn't actually have to wait that long. By the time we arrived at 10:00pm, they had already disbanded the line by letting people in the theatre and, while our seats weren't perfect (are they ever really?), they were good. We played Zigity, awed over the costumed fans, and ate snacks (including free breadsticks after a poor kid got all confused about what I wanted and ended up giving me my money back and the food to boot to attone for his confusion!). Heather left us to do the majority of the waiting arriving after us at 11:00pm. Since we had bought the tickets, we had to coordinate to get her her ticket. The plan was to have the cell phone on, which it was...

"Hey, there's Heather!"
"How did she get in with no ticket?"
walk, walk, walk
Heather: "So, it helps if you answer the phone."
"Did you call? It didn't ring."
"I called like 20 times!"
(getting out the phone) "5 missed calls... ok so much for 'vibe & ring'..."

No speculation on how she did get into the theatre without a ticket... She probably just batted her eyelashes at gate attendant. After all, Ryan wasn't there (different Ryan) .



So, in other news, I passed my 5th exam for Microsoft. Yay! I'm an "MCSD .net". And, since I took the "Project Management" exam—it is far more relevant to my current job—I'm also an "MSF Certified Professional". I don't know how big a deal it is but there's only 22 (well, 23 now) of us in Canada (as of MS's latest stats: Aug 04. Also, 4 in Calgary & 7 in San Francisco). It's more my cup of tea than the other programming exams, so that's really what I wanted. And a magazine wants a review of the exam, so that's another bonus. Just gotta write it (the review) now.



I've got some exam dates, so we're looking at heading to Vancouver to catch my final final the first week of August. That way I get to see the people from my program and we'll spend some time with everyone and see Sherri & Jason's new house (if we manage to catch them while they're in town).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger